Thursday 10 November 2011

Tradition



Today is going to be a bit of a rant! in reference to this article and to the news my Mum woke me up to... This is the article.

I woke to the news this morning that St James' name has been changed. How very dare Ashley!
I know he owns the club and has full right to do what he wants but he has to remember to be very very careful when it comes to a well loved football club.

Now, to be honest, I am not the biggest football fan in the world but I support everything local. Supporting Newcastle in my family has gone back to 1892 when Newcastle East and West joined therefore making it united, and the main stadium has always been called St James. And something else which has annoyed my family and myself is the fact it has been called Sports Direct Arena... C'mon Ashley, St James is not an Arena! it is used for one sport! Therefore it is a stadium! But the name... Sports Direct Arena, I mean... IT IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT! Newcastle is not there for your company of cheap and chatty sports wear. It is in the hearts of 50,000+ Geordies world wide! Changing the name is only going to cause trouble for yourself and your company.

We all knew it was coming... I mean when Newcastle has a good streak of luck something bad goes and happens...

I am just waiting for the sky news to be at the stadium when fans start kicking off...

Rant not over, I'm still bloody fuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment